The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) said it would provide P60-million livelihood and emergency employment program to around 10, 000 Mayon-affected Filipinos.
On February 13, Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello 3rd said the P60 million worth of assistance would be allocated for the Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa ating Disadvantaged/Displaced Workers (TUPAD) and its livelihood project for evacuees.
“We are providing support to the victims, especially in assisting displaced workers from the devastation brought by the continuing eruption of Mayon,” he said.
“We are giving them short-term income support and livelihood assistance to augment their income while they are in the evacuation centers,” Bello added.
Last week, DOLE gave P2, 900 each for the 10-day community work of nearly 4, 000 worker-beneficiaries under the TUPAD program.
Moreover, Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) also gave P3, 000 worth of assistance to families of active overseas Filipino workers who were affected by Mayon’s eruption.