The Civil Service Commission (CSC) is inviting jobseekers and interested applicants to join in the first-ever Government Online Career Fair (GOCF), an online event where government agencies and jobseekers meet in a virtual environment to exchange information about job openings.
In a press release on October 15, 2019, the CSC said in the program, which is in partnership with JobStreet Philippines, jobseekers can apply in the offers by various government agencies that will be available online for one week.
Interested applicants, the CSC said, are advised to create an account with JobStreet.com.ph to apply, and can file applications online through GOCF from October 21 to 25.
CSC said in the JobStreet webpage, jobseekers can click the “Free Sign Up” icon flashed on the screen and follow the instructions provided by the system.
Applicants should also download the Personal Data Sheet (PDS) in Excel format from the same page, accomplish the data required in the PDS, and upload it to the e-resume’ (one time).
After creating an account with JobStreet Philippines, applicants can now choose the preferred job vacancies to apply.
“Once job listings have been accessed and preferred positions are chosen, applicants should submit the application by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom page of the agency posting,” the CSC said.
The CSC listed 16 agencies will participate in the online career fair including the Bureau of Customs, Bureau of Internal Revenue, City Government of Malabon, Department of Education-National Capital Region, Department of Science and Technology, Department of Trade and Industry, Department of Transportation, Development Bank of the Philippines, Metro Manila Development Authority, National Center for Mental Health, Philippine Air Force, Philippine Deposit Insurance Corp., Philippine Health Insurance Corp., Research Institute for Tropical Medicine, Securities and Exchange Commission, and the University of the Philippines System.
CSC added that participating agencies will conduct an initial assessment of job applicants online.
Job applicants will also receive additional instructions or requirements to comply and will be notified through email or text message regarding the status of the application.
“Application from qualified interested persons, including persons with disabilities, members of indigenous communities, and those from any sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression are highly encouraged,” it said.
The program is part of the CSC’s 119th celebration of Philippine Civil Service Anniversary, which seeks to provide opportunities for every individual to work in the government. (Lady Jean Kabagani, PNA)
HOW TO APPLY
1. The job applicant must have an account with the JobStreet.com. If the applicant has no account, the applicant must create an account by visiting JobStreet.com.ph. Simply click the “Free Sign Up” icon flashed on the screen and follow the instructions provided by the system;
2. Download the Personal Data Sheet (PDS) (Excel format) on the same page and accomplish the data required in the PDS and upload to your e-resume’ (one time);
3. Applicants may start applying on October 21 – 25, 2019. In the web browser, key in http://www.csc.gov.ph/. Click the icon/banner/slider 2019 Government Online Career Fair (GOCF) to be redirected to the GOCF Landing Page (Note: Landing Page will be activated only at the start of the event or on October 21 – 25, 2019);
4. View participating agencies and access their job listings to choose preferred positions to apply; and
5. Submit the application through Apply Button located at the bottom page of the agency posting.
(Note: The agency shall conduct the initial assessment and notify the job applicants through email or text message the status of the application and/or additional instructions or requirements to be complied by the applicant.)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT PRINCIPLE (EOP)
The CSC highly encourages application from qualified interested persons, including persons with disabilities (PWD), members of indigenous communities, and those from any sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (SOGIE).