Covid-free Boracay promises ‘safe’ tourism amid pandemic
Boracay is currently virus-free and local officials are going to make sure it is going to stay that way in order to revive tourism in the world-famous tourism destination, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said on October 4, 2020. In a press briefing from Boracay, Roque encouraged local tourists to visit the beach island, adding that… (0 comment)

Netizens raise eyebrows over FB purge on accounts, pages
Facebook’s recent move to suspend some 155 accounts and shut down several pages for violating its policy against coordinated inauthentic behavior (CIB) was questioned by netizens, with some calling for a probe on the social media giant. Several netizens have appealed to Congress to launch an investigation and find out the “operational scheme” of Facebook… (0 comment)

Majority of recipients satisfied with SAP implementation — study
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) said on Tuesday that the majority of the beneficiaries of the government’s social amelioration program (SAP) were “satisfied” with the agency’s implementation of the project. “Ang pagtupad ng ahensya ng SAP para sa pamilyang may mababang kita na pinakaapektado ng community quarantine ay nakitang may positibong epekto… (0 comment)

Tuguegarao City placed under MECQ as Covid-19 cases rise
The number of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases in Tuguegarao City has ballooned to 25 as the city shifted from modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) to modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) starting Aug. 26 until September 5. Dr. James Guzman, city health officer, said a 50-year-old female chicken vendor, of Barangay Pallua Sur, identified as patient… (0 comment)

DSWD vows to complete SAP 2 payouts
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) on August 25, 2020, vowed to complete the government’s social amelioration program (SAP) for low-income families hard-hit by the public health crisis. In a statement, the agency announced that they will not close its books on the SAP until all target beneficiaries have received the assistance. While… (0 comment)

Supreme Court junks ABS-CBN petition against NTC halt order
The Supreme Court (SC) has dismissed the petition of broadcast firm ABS-CBN against the cease and desist order issued by the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) after its legislative franchise expired last May. In a statement, the high court cited the “supervening denial of the pending House bills for the renewal of the firm’s legislative franchise”… (0 comment)

Metro Manila and other provinces that are currently placed under modified enhanced community quarantine will revert back to less restrictive general community quarantine (GCQ) starting August 19, 2020, President Rodrigo Duterte declared on August 17, 2020. The provinces that will be under GCQ are Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, Nueva Ecija, Batangas, and Quezon. Iloilo City,… (0 comment)

PH reports record-high 40,397 Covid-19 recoveries
The Philippines recorded the highest number of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) recoveries so far of 40,397 on August 16, 2020, the Department of Health (DOH) reported. The record-high number brought the total recoveries to 112,586. 65 deaths were recorded that brought the total to 2,665. 3,420 new Covid-19 infections on August 16, raising the overall… (0 comment)

School opening moved to Oct. 5
With just 10 days before the scheduled opening of schools, President Rodrigo Duterte has decided to move the start of classes for the incoming school year to October 5, 2020. In a memorandum issued by Malacañang on August 14, 2020, Duterte approved the Department of Education’s (DepEd) recommendation to reschedule the opening of classes amid… (0 comment)